Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
Nursing homes are supposed to be nurturing and safe places for loved ones who cannot take care of themselves and/or require skilled nursing care.
THE WARNING SIGNS
There are many warning signs of nursing home abuse and/or neglect that you should look for. Although having one or more of these signs does not automatically mean that nursing negligence is occurring, you should alert the proper authorities of what you observed. Some signs of nursing home abuse and/or neglect include:
- Bruises, cuts, or welts
- Unexplained weight loss
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- The resident appears depressed or withdrawn
Nursing home abuse and/or neglect can occur in many forms. The following are some examples of nursing home abuse and/or neglect:
- Physical and/or severe verbal abuse from a staff member
- Failure to protect a resident from falls
- Failure to prevent malnutrition and dehydration
- Failure to prevent and/or treat bedsores or pressure ulcers
If you or a loved one have suffered from nursing home abuse and/or neglect, contact SINGHA LAW GROUP at 813-840-1111 for a FREE CONSULTATION.